Source?

Dec 5, 2008 at 1:23 PM
I know the source is included in the posted release, but it would nice if you actually checked the source into CodePlex's source repository as well. This would make it easier to both read the code (without having to download it) and keep up-to-date with any changes you make (a simple SVN Update rather than downloading a new release and running a merge).
Coordinator
Dec 7, 2008 at 6:20 PM
Hi Troy,

Thanks for your interest. I'm going to check in the source code soon, the zip was a temporary thing (I just got approval to release). I'll be looking for people to contribute if enough people are interested.

Cheers,
Jon
Dec 12, 2008 at 7:39 PM
Hi Jon,

I hope you find the time to follow up and post the source (I still don't see it). I'm interested in taking a look at this early next year and may contribute, though I won't have time to do either until Februaryish.

Troy
Coordinator
Dec 16, 2008 at 3:30 PM
Thanks for the offer to contribute. I've been super busy the last week or so. Hopefully I'll find a little bit of time before christmas to commit the source, work on the bind validation and post a couple more times on my blog.
Jan 8, 2009 at 1:19 AM
It all looks good.
I'll try to use and contribute to XForms. But we need the source.
Jan 9, 2009 at 2:35 PM
Hi Jon,
It looks great, i have been playing with this for couple of days and i find it very easy to understand and control

i am trying to extend some of the func and provide my own formating. i found some limitations such as no class field for Form and some challanges adding lables for fields. i would like to put hte label after the text field.

can you add the source to the SVN and i would be happy to contribute?

Thanks,
noam
Coordinator
Jan 23, 2009 at 3:49 PM
Hi barda,

Source code is now added to SVN.

The label issue is one I've been thinking about. By default (and according to accessibility rules and XForms spec) the labels should render before the control. However, I appreciate that people have different requirements in reality. This is one reason why I abstracted the HTML creation to the IFormatter interface. If you don't like the default rendering then you can simply override it. Just inherit from the DefaultFormatter and override the offending method.

I am open to suggestions on how to make the framework more easily extensible. Perhaps have a special formatting setting on a form level and on the individual control level. Things could quickly get complicated with that approach though.

Cheers,
Jon